Sunday, January 08, 2012

Welch's Grape Jelly


I've been living in Europe for a while now.  After I first arrived I craved food from home.  When I visited the States I would bring back foods that I could not get here.  Over the years that's changed and while I enjoy hoagies, meatball sandwiches, ranch dressing, Big Boys, Primanti Brothers, Benkovitz, breakfast at Pamela's in Shadyside, and Reese's anything and gain at least 4 pounds each visit,  I no longer stock my suitcase with these items.

We now have a couple of small grocery stores that carry international food items.  I stopped at one such shop that opened very recently and noticed that they carry Welch's Grape Jelly.  They don't produce grape jelly outside the US and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not the same with raspberry jam.

Be still my heart.  As we get older, we realize that it's the small things that count.

No comments: