Thursday, July 21, 2011

casting

On July 11 I saw an interesting post on my school's facebook page.  OIS posted a letter from a local producer who was announcing an open casting for an upcoming film which will be directed by Edgar Pêra, a Portuguese director.

I responded to the advertisement. I didn't really know what to expect but I guess I thought it would be more like an audition for a play. I envisioned a stage with the director sitting in the 6th or 7th row in the audience.  Sort of like what we see in the movies.

It wasn't like that.  The auditions were held in a studio on July 21 from 3 to 6 pm on a street that was almost impossible to find. It took us over an hour. After checking in with a receptionist and signing a release form and then a brief wait, I was ushered into the studio for a screen test.  There I found  a green screen, hi tech camera, and sound guy.  There was a teleprompter with my script.  I was asked to introduce myself, tell them a little about me, include my acting experience and then run my lines. They taped my audition.  Everyone was way nice and this photo above is proof that I did indeed attend. hahahaha

Screen test - it was sooooo cool.  Something I've always wanted to do. Another thing crossed off my list. . .

No comments: