Saturday, April 23, 2011

I know the difference . . .

http://www.takeavirtualhike.com/images/sip/mexwarst.jpg

When I was in my early 30's I lived in the Mexican War Streets.  A national historic district located on Pittsburgh's North Side, it was one of the city's urban renewal areas.  Each September there was a "house tour" to show off the work that had been done to restore this quarter to its former glory.  

I remember one year a house that was on tour had a number of unusual freehand drawings on the walls of the dining room.  This same dwelling also had a garden full of equally unusual statues.  The owner of the house was on hand and very proud of her accomplishments which bordered on the crude and inappropriate.   I thought that she was nuts but was assured that she was an artist.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an artist.  Well, I guess that explains everything . . .

I have since learned that there are very acceptable lables for very unacceptable behaviors and people. 

Although I may not say it, please don't think that I don't know the difference.  I do . . .

No comments: