Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Plot Twist - April 11, 2023

 


Thing




As I was walking home from physio this morning I saw a teenage girl sitting on some steps across from the design school she was attending wearing a ball cap, head down, long hair covering her face crying silently. You didn't need to hear her to know that something was wrong and she was crying. I stopped and sat with her for a few minutes. She seems to be disillusioned with life. It wasn't a boyfriend problem, it seemed more existential than that. She wondered how long she would feel like that. . .

I wasn't much help. I told her that she was not alone. I told her that others feel the same and that others also wondered about the cruelty that happens on planet Earth.

I wish I had told her to follow her heart. I wish I had told her to find her tribe. I wish I had told her to get out of her own head. I wish I had told her to start where she was, use what she had and do what she could. 

I sat with her for a few minutes contemplating life with a total stranger girl until a friend came to be with her.

I hope I see her again. I think I could be more helpful the second time around.

No comments: